Could Ed Sheehan be in for a spot of legal trouble? On Wednesday, it was reported that the crooner faced a $20 million lawsuit over his song “Photograph” — a song, the plaintiffs in the case say, he stole.
The plaintiffs in question are songwriters Martin Harrington and Thomas Leonard, who in 2009 wrote the song “Amazing,” later released as a single by X Factor winner Matt Cardle.
“The similarity of words, vocal style, vocal melody, melody, and rhythm are clear indicators, among other things, that ‘Photograph’ copies ‘Amazing’,” the lawsuit reads.
You can listen to the two and make the call for yourself.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement