Hillary Clinton may have made history last night, claiming victory in the Democratic contest to become the first woman nominated as a major party’s presidential candidate, but some Twitter users weren’t quite so thrilled about it—even if they eventually plan to vote for her.
Riffing on the Clinton campaign’s #ImWithHer hashtag, user @MadBlackThot reluctantly offered Clinton her support with the hashtag #GuessImWithHer, which quickly went viral.
Other uses joined in tweeting pop culture GIFs and (grudgingly) pledging their allegiance.
#GirlIGuessImWithHer may underscore the uphill battle Clinton could face in uniting the Democrats and appealing to supporters of her opponent Bernie Sanders, as well as reluctant minority voters who may view Clinton as a preferable alternative to Donald Trump.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate