Hillary Clinton may have made history last night, claiming victory in the Democratic contest to become the first woman nominated as a major party’s presidential candidate, but some Twitter users weren’t quite so thrilled about it—even if they eventually plan to vote for her.
Riffing on the Clinton campaign’s #ImWithHer hashtag, user @MadBlackThot reluctantly offered Clinton her support with the hashtag #GuessImWithHer, which quickly went viral.
Other uses joined in tweeting pop culture GIFs and (grudgingly) pledging their allegiance.
#GirlIGuessImWithHer may underscore the uphill battle Clinton could face in uniting the Democrats and appealing to supporters of her opponent Bernie Sanders, as well as reluctant minority voters who may view Clinton as a preferable alternative to Donald Trump.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science