Hillary Clinton may have made history last night, claiming victory in the Democratic contest to become the first woman nominated as a major party’s presidential candidate, but some Twitter users weren’t quite so thrilled about it—even if they eventually plan to vote for her.
Riffing on the Clinton campaign’s #ImWithHer hashtag, user @MadBlackThot reluctantly offered Clinton her support with the hashtag #GuessImWithHer, which quickly went viral.
Other uses joined in tweeting pop culture GIFs and (grudgingly) pledging their allegiance.
#GirlIGuessImWithHer may underscore the uphill battle Clinton could face in uniting the Democrats and appealing to supporters of her opponent Bernie Sanders, as well as reluctant minority voters who may view Clinton as a preferable alternative to Donald Trump.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization