Hillary Clinton may have made history last night, claiming victory in the Democratic contest to become the first woman nominated as a major party’s presidential candidate, but some Twitter users weren’t quite so thrilled about it—even if they eventually plan to vote for her.
Riffing on the Clinton campaign’s #ImWithHer hashtag, user @MadBlackThot reluctantly offered Clinton her support with the hashtag #GuessImWithHer, which quickly went viral.
Other uses joined in tweeting pop culture GIFs and (grudgingly) pledging their allegiance.
#GirlIGuessImWithHer may underscore the uphill battle Clinton could face in uniting the Democrats and appealing to supporters of her opponent Bernie Sanders, as well as reluctant minority voters who may view Clinton as a preferable alternative to Donald Trump.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time