Speaking at Gold Coast Tiger Bay Club in Boca Raton, Florida, Anthony Senecal said there was no credence to criticism that Trump is racist, the Tampa Bay Times reported.
“I saw him working with everybody—you know, the Hispanics, the blacks, the foreigners. I mean, he would talk with any of them, all of them,” Senecal said. “There isn’t a racist bone in his body.”
In March, Trump denounced Senecal’s “horrible statements,” referring to a Facebook post in which Senecal said Obama “should have taken out by our military and shot as an enemy agent.”
Trump has come under fire from GOP leaders for his comments about Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is presiding over the class-action lawsuit against Trump University. Trump has said Curiel has a conflict of interest because of his Mexican heritage. Curiel, an American, was born in Indiana. In a statement on Tuesday, Trump said his comments about Curiel were “misconstrued,” but he did not apologize.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State