Speaking at Gold Coast Tiger Bay Club in Boca Raton, Florida, Anthony Senecal said there was no credence to criticism that Trump is racist, the Tampa Bay Times reported.
“I saw him working with everybody—you know, the Hispanics, the blacks, the foreigners. I mean, he would talk with any of them, all of them,” Senecal said. “There isn’t a racist bone in his body.”
In March, Trump denounced Senecal’s “horrible statements,” referring to a Facebook post in which Senecal said Obama “should have taken out by our military and shot as an enemy agent.”
Trump has come under fire from GOP leaders for his comments about Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is presiding over the class-action lawsuit against Trump University. Trump has said Curiel has a conflict of interest because of his Mexican heritage. Curiel, an American, was born in Indiana. In a statement on Tuesday, Trump said his comments about Curiel were “misconstrued,” but he did not apologize.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time