Speaking at Gold Coast Tiger Bay Club in Boca Raton, Florida, Anthony Senecal said there was no credence to criticism that Trump is racist, the Tampa Bay Times reported.
“I saw him working with everybody—you know, the Hispanics, the blacks, the foreigners. I mean, he would talk with any of them, all of them,” Senecal said. “There isn’t a racist bone in his body.”
In March, Trump denounced Senecal’s “horrible statements,” referring to a Facebook post in which Senecal said Obama “should have taken out by our military and shot as an enemy agent.”
Trump has come under fire from GOP leaders for his comments about Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is presiding over the class-action lawsuit against Trump University. Trump has said Curiel has a conflict of interest because of his Mexican heritage. Curiel, an American, was born in Indiana. In a statement on Tuesday, Trump said his comments about Curiel were “misconstrued,” but he did not apologize.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science