While some might think that Anna Wintour‘s favorite place to dine in New York would be Indochine or Da Silvano, it seems that her favorite culinary establishment is a humble bodega—at least, that’s true when Anna Wintour is being played by Maya Rudolph.
In a skit titled “My New York” that premiered on Tuesday night on her variety show, Maya & Marty, Rudolph delivered an eerily accurate impersonation of Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour, complete with Wintour’s trademark Chanel suit, bobbed hairstyle, oversized sunglasses, and reserved demeanor.
Wintour a la Rudolph claims that, “To me there is no place more New York than Han’s Deli Bodega,” and proceeds to hit the store’s lunch buffet, selecting green Jell-O and imitation crab, as well as tons of hot sauce packets.
Other gems in the skit include Rudolph’s Wintour holding an edit meeting with the entire Vogue staff in the bodega and meeting Karl Lagerfeld (Martin Short, with a spot-on German accent) for a chance lunch date.
Watch the full skit below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time