Hillary Clinton became the first woman chosen as the standard-bearer of a major American political party on Tuesday, as a crowd of hundreds relished the historic moment.
“Thanks to you, we’ve reached a milestone,” Clinton said during a victory speech in New York.“Don’t let anyone tell you that great things can’t happen in America. Barriers can come down.”
Watch the reaction of the crowd the moment Clinton celebrated the milestone, 96 years after American women first won the right to vote.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time