Hillary Clinton became the first woman chosen as the standard-bearer of a major American political party on Tuesday, as a crowd of hundreds relished the historic moment.
“Thanks to you, we’ve reached a milestone,” Clinton said during a victory speech in New York.“Don’t let anyone tell you that great things can’t happen in America. Barriers can come down.”
Watch the reaction of the crowd the moment Clinton celebrated the milestone, 96 years after American women first won the right to vote.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.