Instagram just made uploading photos and videos to its platform a little bit quicker for iPhone users.
A recently released update introduces a shortcut that allows Instagrammers to publish photos directly from the iPhone’s Photos or Camera app. While it’s possible to add a caption through this shortcut, users will have to launch the Instagram app to apply filters.
Apple has allowed third-party apps to plug into its core features like the camera since iOS 8 debuted in 2014, but Instagram only just started supporting this feature.
Here’s how to access the shortcut:
- Launch the Photos or Camera app on your iPhone.
- Select the photo you’d like to upload to Instagram.
- Tap the share button.
- A list of apps should appear under the selected image. Scroll over to the right and press the More button.
- Find Instagram in the list of apps and make sure the switch is toggled on.
- Press the Done button in the upper right corner to return to the Share screen.
- Now the Instagram icon should appear in the selection of apps underneath your photo. Tap the icon to share the selected image to Instagram.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time