After blowing the judges away with her routine to Beyoncé’s “Countdown,” Chi Tahani made an unprecedented move to close out her So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation audition. The 12-year-old contestant was immediately — and unanimously — voted through to the next round, a moment that had her falling over in excitement. But when she went to give Paula Abdul a celebratory hug, she vomited all over the judge. “I’m so sorry,” she exclaimed.
Overall, Tahani seemed fairly unfazed by the incident though. During a post-audition interview, she explained that she had just gotten a bit overwhelmed. “I hugged Nigel, and I hugged Paula,” she told host Cat Deeley. “And she just squeezed me too tight. And all the happiness came out on her jacket.”
Watch the full video above.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time