After blowing the judges away with her routine to Beyoncé’s “Countdown,” Chi Tahani made an unprecedented move to close out her So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation audition. The 12-year-old contestant was immediately — and unanimously — voted through to the next round, a moment that had her falling over in excitement. But when she went to give Paula Abdul a celebratory hug, she vomited all over the judge. “I’m so sorry,” she exclaimed.
Overall, Tahani seemed fairly unfazed by the incident though. During a post-audition interview, she explained that she had just gotten a bit overwhelmed. “I hugged Nigel, and I hugged Paula,” she told host Cat Deeley. “And she just squeezed me too tight. And all the happiness came out on her jacket.”
Watch the full video above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science