After blowing the judges away with her routine to Beyoncé’s “Countdown,” Chi Tahani made an unprecedented move to close out her So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation audition. The 12-year-old contestant was immediately — and unanimously — voted through to the next round, a moment that had her falling over in excitement. But when she went to give Paula Abdul a celebratory hug, she vomited all over the judge. “I’m so sorry,” she exclaimed.
Overall, Tahani seemed fairly unfazed by the incident though. During a post-audition interview, she explained that she had just gotten a bit overwhelmed. “I hugged Nigel, and I hugged Paula,” she told host Cat Deeley. “And she just squeezed me too tight. And all the happiness came out on her jacket.”
Watch the full video above.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization