After blowing the judges away with her routine to Beyoncé’s “Countdown,” Chi Tahani made an unprecedented move to close out her So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation audition. The 12-year-old contestant was immediately — and unanimously — voted through to the next round, a moment that had her falling over in excitement. But when she went to give Paula Abdul a celebratory hug, she vomited all over the judge. “I’m so sorry,” she exclaimed.
Overall, Tahani seemed fairly unfazed by the incident though. During a post-audition interview, she explained that she had just gotten a bit overwhelmed. “I hugged Nigel, and I hugged Paula,” she told host Cat Deeley. “And she just squeezed me too tight. And all the happiness came out on her jacket.”
Watch the full video above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve