Before Drake was topping charts as one of the most prominent rappers in the music industry, Aubrey Graham was just an awkward kid in Toronto trying to learn the art of improv comedy, as a recently unearthed video shows.
In the video, Drake performs a skit that involves him playing a gay character named Damien, who interacts with a pregnant woman at the gym. Suggestions from the audience fly at the two actors before a young Drake delves into the area that he is most know for now: singing. Unfortunately, it’s not rap or R&B, but country.
Around this time in Drake’s life, he was an actor on a number of teen drama series in Canada, most notably Degrassi: The Next Generation. Although he’s focused mainly on his music since then, Drake hasn’t forgotten his acting or comedy skills, and has hosted Saturday Night Live twice.
Check out Drake’s improv video above.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up