An Ohio father who is accused of taking sexually explicit photos of his naked toddler has been indicted on rape and other charges, a prosecutor said Monday.
Gary Allen Sovie, 48, allegedly took photos of his 18-month-old daughter in “various states of nudity” in his Grove City home during a two-month period in 1999, Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’Brien said in a statement. One of the images “depicted sexual activity,” O’Brien said.
Salvation Army employees in a Columbus thrift store found the nude photos and pieces of Sovie’s mail in a tote bag that was recently donated, according to the Associated Press. Sovie allegedly told police he is a “sick person,” the AP reports.
He has been indicted with rape, pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor and illegally using a minor in nudity-oriented material. Sovie faces at least 50 years in prison if convicted, authorities said. He is set to be arraigned Wednesday in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption