The gang’s all back together on the set of the long-awaited Gilmore Girls revival (thanks, Netflix!) — and they’re back in costume. In an Instagram snap uploaded by costume supervisor Brenda Maben, we get a sneak peek selfie of comedienne-of-the-moment Melissa McCarthy as excitable chef Sookie St. James, along with Maben and Yanic Truesdale, who plays the hotel’s drawling French concierge Michel Gerard.
Although the photo doesn’t show full costumes, Michel’s spiffy suit and Sookie’s bright bandana are good indicators that not much has changed for these characters since the show left off in 2007 — sartorially, at least.
There was some initial uncertainty around whether or not the Ghostbusters star would be making a cameo in the four-episode revival due to scheduling issues, but that’s since cleared up. In April, she told TIME that it “felt like home” to return to the Stars Hollow set.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.