On Monday night, beloved former Daily Show host Jon Stewart made a visit to to one of his comedy protégées, Samantha Bee.
The visit starts sincerely enough, with Bee thanking Stewart for coming.
“Anything you need you know you can always call me, I’m so happy to be here,” a casually-dressed Stewart tells Bee. As a correspondent on The Daily Show for 12 years, Bee was known for her absurd but cutting satirical segments — and an impressive ability to keep a straight face while asking ridiculous questions. But with her own weekly show on TBS, Full Frontal, perhaps the student has surpassed the teacher.
“I’m pretty I heard that sure you gave up show business to go and professionally massage livestock,” Bee tells Stewart. The conversation, as you can imagine, devolves from there.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space