The Internet is a strange and wonderful place full of delightfully odd wonders like, to name just a few, an Easy Cheese 3-D printer, people who make tiny burritos for their tiny hamsters and talented video editors who use their free time to make President Barack Obama “sing” Drake’s “Hotline Bling.”
Now, add to their company a genius named Mayor Wertz, who has made a compilation of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives star Guy Fieri chowing down on some grub, set to a soundtrack of Johnny Cash performing his incredibly somber version of Nine Inch Nails’ “Hurt.” The result is one artist’s statement away from being a brilliant senior art-school project; it’s bewildering, strangely beautiful and mesmerizing all at once. It’s almost moving to watch as Fieri chugs hot sauce straight from the bottle, Cash’s gravel-smooth voice crooning sadly, “I hurt myself today.”
Can someone please give Guy Fieri a hug?
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time