Finally, there’s an end in sight for those frilly period commercials that show blue liquid to avoid the reality of menstruation. Bodyform, a U.K. company that makes pads and panty-liners, just changed the period game by launching an entire campaign around the idea of bleeding.
The Red.fit program kicked off with a commercial called “Blood,” which features female rock climbers, boxers, ballerinas and more, all bleeding from their rough athleticism. As the female athletes peel off bloodied ballet shoes, wipe away nose bleeds and continue fighting despite their wounds, they show that they don’t stop their sport when they see red. Finally, the words “no blood should hold us back” appear on-screen.
Watch the full commercial above.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears