Warning: This post contains spoilers for the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
After trying — and mostly failing — to rally the remaining northern houses to join them in their quest to retake Winterfell from Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon), Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) and Jon Snow (Kit Harington) were left stuck between a rock and a hard place in the seventh episode of Game of Thrones‘ sixth season. But when Sansa tried to convince her half brother not to give up, Jon reminded her that winter is coming. “There’s no time,” he told her in a moment of desperation. “We fight with the army we have.”
Luckily, Sansa still seemed to have one more card up her sleeve. Retreating into her tent, she quickly penned a mysterious letter, marked it with the Stark seal and prepared to send it on its way. So what did the letter say? And who was she sending it to? Well, thanks to a diligent fan, we may have our answers.
With some clever deciphering and a little guesswork, Redditor CreepyPancakes was able to figure out the majority of what was written in the note. “[…] you promised to protect me,” it reads. “Now you have a chance to fulfill your promise. […] Knights of the Vale are under your command. Ride north for Winterfell. Lend us your aid and I shall see to it that you are [well/properly] rewarded.”
As many suspected, this means Sansa was writing to none other than her former guardian Lord Petyr Baelish, a.k.a. Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen). We’re betting that he will answer her call.
See the full decoding process below.
“No One,” the eighth episode of Game of Thrones‘ sixth season airs Sunday at 9 p.m. EST on HBO.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List