As mosquitoes are top of mind for many Americans this summer, a recent study has some wondering if the best bet for preventing the pesky bugs might be a pink bottle of perfume from Victoria’s Secret.
While researchers from New Mexico State University (NMSU) hold that insect repellents containing DEET or oil of lemon eucalyptus are the best way to protect yourself from mosquito bites this summer, the research team was surprised to find that Bombshell — a perfume sold by Victoria’s Secret — also repelled mosquitoes when used in high concentrations.
“We tested VS Bombshell because one of our test subjects…”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears