A Chicago zoo celebrated International Ungulate Day and the upcoming Tony Awards with a creative name for its newly born Bactrian camel.
The Lincoln Zoo announced over the weekend that the baby calf was named “Alexander Camelton” — a nod to founding father Alexander Hamilton and the hit Broadway musical “Hamilton,” which picked up a record-breaking 16 Tony nominations.
“Hamilton” creator and star Lin-Manuel Miranda seemed to appreciate the tribute, tweeting a surprised face and camel emoji in response to the punny name.
Little Camelton, 4 feet tall and 81 pounds at his birth, made his official debut…
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time