Kim Cattrall, who portrayed Samantha Jones on Sex and the City, recently opened up about her battle with chronic insomnia.
In the June 7 issue of Radio Times, Cattrall says that her condition has become like a “tsunami.” “It was a gorilla sitting on my chest,” she told the magazine, according to Vogue U.K. “I didn’t understand the debilitating consequence of having no sleep. I was in a void.”
Beyond causing her great physical and emotional stress, Cattrall’s insomnia also made pursuing roles difficult. That’s why Cattrall ultimately prioritized getting to a healthier place over participating in another production.
In November 2015, Cattrall announced that she was dropping out of the Royal Court production of Linda. “I didn’t want to let down the audience, the theatre, playwright or the actors,” she told Radio Times. “Letting go of all that was the hardest part but I realized the work that I really needed to do was more important than the play—it was work or my sanity.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer