In an interview with The Telegraph, Mirren revealed that despite her boredom with the Kardashians’ reality show, she’s grateful that curves have become more readily embraced thanks to Kim’s notorious derriere.
“I’m not into the Kardashians – it’s a phenomenon I just don’t find interesting, but – and this is the big word: B-U-T-T – it’s wonderful that you’re allowed to have a butt nowadays,” she said. “Thanks to Madame Kardashian, and before her, J. Lo. We’re also allowed to have thighs now, which is great too. It’s very positive.”
The 70-year-old actress also shared that she’s happy that she’s no longer viewed as a “sex-symbol.”
“There is good and bad in aging. I loved being young, but I’ve enjoyed every stage in different ways. I’m happy being in my 70s, and there will be another person in me at 80, hopefully, and I can’t wait to meet her,” the septuagenarian said. However, Mirren admitted that even at 70, she can still feel insecure about herself.
“Sometimes you feel wonderful and – it’s the same whether you’re 13 or 26 or 86 – sometimes you feel insecure and frightened,” said Mirren. “That can change five or six times a day.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow