In an interview with The Telegraph, Mirren revealed that despite her boredom with the Kardashians’ reality show, she’s grateful that curves have become more readily embraced thanks to Kim’s notorious derriere.
“I’m not into the Kardashians – it’s a phenomenon I just don’t find interesting, but – and this is the big word: B-U-T-T – it’s wonderful that you’re allowed to have a butt nowadays,” she said. “Thanks to Madame Kardashian, and before her, J. Lo. We’re also allowed to have thighs now, which is great too. It’s very positive.”
The 70-year-old actress also shared that she’s happy that she’s no longer viewed as a “sex-symbol.”
“There is good and bad in aging. I loved being young, but I’ve enjoyed every stage in different ways. I’m happy being in my 70s, and there will be another person in me at 80, hopefully, and I can’t wait to meet her,” the septuagenarian said. However, Mirren admitted that even at 70, she can still feel insecure about herself.
“Sometimes you feel wonderful and – it’s the same whether you’re 13 or 26 or 86 – sometimes you feel insecure and frightened,” said Mirren. “That can change five or six times a day.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy