Over the weekend, the Australian coast was hammered with intense storms. The result? Frothy seas and waves resembling a seriously foamy (and luxurious) bubble bath.
Although most people avoid the ocean when it’s in this rare condition—fearing hazards like hidden sea snakes—one man decided to take a dip off of Froggy’s Beach at Queensland’s Gold Coast. Cradling a beverage, he seems to be enjoying the bizarre marine conditions, as you can see in a video posted by a local to Facebook.
It all seems relaxing enough until 1:29, when a giant wave surges over him. (Spoiler alert: although he disappears into the literal sea of bubbles for a few moments, he appears unharmed by video’s end.) Watch the weirdness below.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption