Some social media accounts of Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg were temporarily compromised on Sunday by a hacker group named Ourmine.
According to the BBC, the group breached Zuckerberg’s Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts, bragging to him in a Tweet: “Hey @finkd we got access to your Twitter & Instagram & Pinterest, we are just testing your security, please dm us.”
However, Zuckerberg has been inactive on Twitter since 2012.
According to the BBC, usernames and passwords stolen during a LinkedIn hack in 2012 could have led to the breach. The stolen data is being sold on the dark web.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time