The pair both posted the same breakup statement on Instagram Friday that read: “After almost 6 loving and wonderful years together, we have decided to end our relationship.”
“This was an incredibly difficult decision for both of us, but we have realized more than anything that we are better as best friends,” the message continued. “We will always be supportive of one another. Thank you to everyone who has offered us kindness and support over the years. With only love, Wilmer & Demi.”
Valderrama, 36, and Lovato, 23, were last seen together at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on May 22, and out to dinner in Beverly Hills, California on May 24.
The singer previously revealed to Cosmopolitan that the only time she and Valderrama broke up during their relationship was when she was relapsing.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time