DJ Khaled might be on tour with Beyoncé right now, but that doesn’t mean that he’s not still striving toward the journey of more success. The producer and benevolent Snapchat sage released a brand new track with Drake, as a preview of his upcoming album, appropriately titled Major Key.
The song’s title,”For Free,” references the track’s heavy sample of Akinyele’s “F–k Me For Free.” Drizzy’s verses on the track pay homage to Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp a Butterfly track, “For Free? (Interlude)” as well with a lyric that states, “and like your boy from Compton said/ You know this (expletive) ain’t free.”
While there’s no release date for Major Key yet, the album reportedly has a full roster of hip hop’s finest, including Kanye West, Jay Z, Future, Lil Wayne, and Rick Ross.
You can listen to the full song below.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate