An armed suspect open fired in a standoff with police officers in San Fransisco on Friday after a resident reported a home invasion, according to local reports.
Officers safely evacuated a resident of the apartment where the suspect was found, according to a local CBS news report. Police were still negotiating with the suspect, who may have entered the building through the roof, as of late Friday morning in California. It remained unclear whether the shot was fired at police, according to the San Fransisco Chronicle.
The incident occurred in the city’s Nob Hill neighborhood. Officers closed off nearby streets.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction