Sanrio’s cartoon characters are so cute you could eat them, and now you can thanks to Plan Check Kitchen + Bar. The Los Angeles burger-and-beer mini-chain is teaming up with the Japanese company for an edible celebration of the little laid-back golden retriever Pompompurin and the crafty feline Chococat, who are both marking their 20th anniversaries.
Starting Friday, June 10, patrons can dine on a critter-inspired menu complete with Pompompurin grilled sausage sandwiches, mac and cheese with a Japanese twist, Togarashi potato chips and Chococat cookies for dessert. Wash it all down with a vanilla cream soda topped with whipped cream and Pompompurin’s adorable little face.
The restaurant has worked with Sanrio before—they hosted a 40th birthday party for Hello Kitty, featuring a Hello Kitty Burger Bento Box that came with house-made pink cheese. Last year, they unveiled a Lazy Egg-themed menu based on the popular, if somewhat odd, character Gudetma.
If the chance to stuff your face with Chococat-themed treats isn’t enough of a draw, a portion of the meal proceeds will be donated to L.A. Love & Leashes, an adoption space created by the non-profit Friends of L.A. Animal Shelters.
The menus are available at all three Plan Check locations in L.A., but will only be available through July 10. Don’t be like the scatterbrained Chococat and forget to go!
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears