Sanrio’s cartoon characters are so cute you could eat them, and now you can thanks to Plan Check Kitchen + Bar. The Los Angeles burger-and-beer mini-chain is teaming up with the Japanese company for an edible celebration of the little laid-back golden retriever Pompompurin and the crafty feline Chococat, who are both marking their 20th anniversaries.
Starting Friday, June 10, patrons can dine on a critter-inspired menu complete with Pompompurin grilled sausage sandwiches, mac and cheese with a Japanese twist, Togarashi potato chips and Chococat cookies for dessert. Wash it all down with a vanilla cream soda topped with whipped cream and Pompompurin’s adorable little face.
The restaurant has worked with Sanrio before—they hosted a 40th birthday party for Hello Kitty, featuring a Hello Kitty Burger Bento Box that came with house-made pink cheese. Last year, they unveiled a Lazy Egg-themed menu based on the popular, if somewhat odd, character Gudetma.
If the chance to stuff your face with Chococat-themed treats isn’t enough of a draw, a portion of the meal proceeds will be donated to L.A. Love & Leashes, an adoption space created by the non-profit Friends of L.A. Animal Shelters.
The menus are available at all three Plan Check locations in L.A., but will only be available through July 10. Don’t be like the scatterbrained Chococat and forget to go!
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time