Modern dating is going to the apes. Literally.
A zoo in southern Germany has decided to give its orangutans more mating options through video dating.
Two of the rare orangutans — Sinta and Conny — were shown videos of available males to see if there was any interest in hopes of one day breeding, according to a statement from the Wilhelma Zoo in Stuttgart.
“The signs are positive,” the zoo said after Sinta and Conny appeared to take a liking to a male named Gempa living 350 miles away in Belgium.
The zoo said Sinta and Gempa are now enjoying a real-life date…
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears