While we’re still waiting on Frank Ocean to drop his new album, Kanye West has taken it upon himself to bless us with some new music this summer. The rapper dropped a 6-minute track on Friday morning — the first single off his upcoming album, Cruel Winter — loaded with collaborators ranging from Gucci Mane to Big Sean.
Yeezy debuted the still unnamed track on Big Boy’s 92.3 and told the radio host that the song has been in the works for over a year.
“I had the basic beat for a year and a half. It sounded right for this project,” West said. “This is the hook we should have for the first single.”
Kanye used the track to showcase the range of talent on his G.O.O.D. Music label, featuring artists like Big Sean and the newly signed Brooklyn rapper Desiigner. Gucci Mane, Yo Gotti, Quavo, 2 Chainz, and Travi$ Scott also lend their bars to the song.
West also revealed to Big Boy that the track will be significantly longer on the album.
Listen to the full track below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement