While we’re still waiting on Frank Ocean to drop his new album, Kanye West has taken it upon himself to bless us with some new music this summer. The rapper dropped a 6-minute track on Friday morning — the first single off his upcoming album, Cruel Winter — loaded with collaborators ranging from Gucci Mane to Big Sean.
Yeezy debuted the still unnamed track on Big Boy’s 92.3 and told the radio host that the song has been in the works for over a year.
“I had the basic beat for a year and a half. It sounded right for this project,” West said. “This is the hook we should have for the first single.”
Kanye used the track to showcase the range of talent on his G.O.O.D. Music label, featuring artists like Big Sean and the newly signed Brooklyn rapper Desiigner. Gucci Mane, Yo Gotti, Quavo, 2 Chainz, and Travi$ Scott also lend their bars to the song.
West also revealed to Big Boy that the track will be significantly longer on the album.
Listen to the full track below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time