Calvin Harris set the record straight Thursday after his breakup with pop star Taylor Swift.
The international DJ took to Twitter to break the ice after reports of the two breaking up surfaced Wednesday, telling fans that he had nothing but love for the time the two spent together.
“The only truth here is that a relationship came to an end & what remains is a huge amount of love and respect,” Harris wrote in a tweet that Swift herself prompty retweeted.
The Harris-Swift relationship lasted some 15 months, but after rumors of the breakup surfaced speculation began about how the couple’s time together might inspire Swift’s next hit, much like some of her other relationships have.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk