Garrison Keillor suffered a nocturnal brain seizure last weekend, according to a post on his Facebook page.
According to Keillor’s publicist, the “Prairie Home Companion” host was treated in Washington D.C. before performing last Friday and Saturday, according to a report from the Star Tribune. Keillor is said to be doing fine and is planning on performing Thursday in Atlanta.
Keillor said he flew to the Mayo Clinic for further testing in his Facebook post, telling friends and fans “I intend to fight this.”
“I have five more shows and want them to be terrific,” said Keillor who is set to leave the program he established in early July. He added that he will have “plenty of time for lethargy in August.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk