Garrison Keillor suffered a nocturnal brain seizure last weekend, according to a post on his Facebook page.
According to Keillor’s publicist, the “Prairie Home Companion” host was treated in Washington D.C. before performing last Friday and Saturday, according to a report from the Star Tribune. Keillor is said to be doing fine and is planning on performing Thursday in Atlanta.
Keillor said he flew to the Mayo Clinic for further testing in his Facebook post, telling friends and fans “I intend to fight this.”
“I have five more shows and want them to be terrific,” said Keillor who is set to leave the program he established in early July. He added that he will have “plenty of time for lethargy in August.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy