Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is many things: actor, wrestler, inspiration, fan of fanny packs. Add to that list: potential politician.
In an interview with British GQ, the magazine’s cover star admitted that throwing his hat in the political ring is an “alluring” idea.
“I’ll be honest, I haven’t ruled politics out,” he said. “I can’t deny that the thought of being governor, the thought of being president, is alluring. And beyond that, it would be an opportunity to make a real impact on people’s lives on a global scale.”
Johnson’s a busy (and popular) man: he claims over 100 million followers on social media and at least 11 projects in the works, including the upcoming release of Central Intelligence, the reboots of Baywatch and Jumanji, a brand-new superhero movie, the second season of his HBO show Ballers — and even a line of gym bags, which he calls “the greatest bags of all time.”
He also wouldn’t be the first Hollywood action star to look for a second act in politics; Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger famously pivoted from their silver screen careers. So when can we expect to see this crowd favorite join the political fray?
Not too soon, because “there are a lot of other things I want to do first,” he told the magazine. Probably things like appear in every blockbuster franchise in Hollywood.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement