—Ryan Gosling has long been a favorite with the ladies. But with his latest interview, the feminist heartthrob is about to collect a whole new set of fans.
The Canadian actor told Evening Standard Magazine that he believes “women are better than men” — a line sure to make hearts around the world sing. “They are stronger. More evolved,” he said. “They are better than us. They make me better.”
Gosling, who was raised primarily by his mother and older sister, surrounds himself these days with women: his girlfriend Eva Mendes and his two young daughters. Maybe his female-friendly home life is impacting his identity, because he also shared that he thinks of himself as 49 percent woman. “Sometimes 47 percent, it depends on what day you catch me.”
And although he’s not a U.S. citizen, Gosling still had something to say about the race for the White House: “I think it needs a woman’s touch.”
The actor is currently on a press tour for his latest release, The Nice Guys, a buddy-action film co-starring Russell Crowe.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now