—Ryan Gosling has long been a favorite with the ladies. But with his latest interview, the feminist heartthrob is about to collect a whole new set of fans.
The Canadian actor told Evening Standard Magazine that he believes “women are better than men” — a line sure to make hearts around the world sing. “They are stronger. More evolved,” he said. “They are better than us. They make me better.”
Gosling, who was raised primarily by his mother and older sister, surrounds himself these days with women: his girlfriend Eva Mendes and his two young daughters. Maybe his female-friendly home life is impacting his identity, because he also shared that he thinks of himself as 49 percent woman. “Sometimes 47 percent, it depends on what day you catch me.”
And although he’s not a U.S. citizen, Gosling still had something to say about the race for the White House: “I think it needs a woman’s touch.”
The actor is currently on a press tour for his latest release, The Nice Guys, a buddy-action film co-starring Russell Crowe.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time