A North Carolina resident bought a freezer for $30 at a neighbor’s yard sale — only to discover an elderly woman’s body inside, police and local media said Wednesday.
The Goldsboro Police Department said the remains were confirmed to be those of a local woman who died of natural causes. It did not identify the woman.
The body was “intact and not dismembered in any way,” the police department said in a statement following an autopsy Wednesday.
The woman who found the body told NBC station WRAL she bought the freezer at a neighbor’s yard sale last month. The woman, who…
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time