A North Carolina resident bought a freezer for $30 at a neighbor’s yard sale — only to discover an elderly woman’s body inside, police and local media said Wednesday.
The Goldsboro Police Department said the remains were confirmed to be those of a local woman who died of natural causes. It did not identify the woman.
The body was “intact and not dismembered in any way,” the police department said in a statement following an autopsy Wednesday.
The woman who found the body told NBC station WRAL she bought the freezer at a neighbor’s yard sale last month. The woman, who…
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up