Candace Payne, as well as her husband and two children, can all attend Southeastern University for free, the university announced. “Candace has inspired us and others with her joy,” said Kent Ingle, the school’s president, in a press release. “We want her and her family to experience some of that same joy through this gift.”
The announcement is the latest in a string of attention Payne has gotten since uploading the viral video last month. She made the rounds on talk shows and rode in a car with J.J. Abrams and James Corden.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time