A Florida university has offered full scholarships to the family of the mother who uploaded the video of herself laughing in a Chewbacca mask to the joy of the internet.
Candace Payne, as well as her husband and two children, can all attend Southeastern University for free, the university announced. “Candace has inspired us and others with her joy,” said Kent Ingle, the school’s president, in a press release. “We want her and her family to experience some of that same joy through this gift.”
The announcement is the latest in a string of attention Payne has gotten since uploading the viral video last month. She made the rounds on talk shows and rode in a car with J.J. Abrams and James Corden.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction