Showtime has ordered the pilot for a series co-created by Jamie Foxx that looks like it might be semiautobiographical — centered around a gifted young black stand-up comedian working to find success in the mainstream (or, in other words, to become White Famous, as the show will be called).
“I came up from stand-up comedy, so to be able to share that aspect of my life on screen with a project like White Famous is incredibly exciting,” Foxx told Deadline Hollywood.
The show is the brainchild of Foxx and Tom Kapinos, who created the Showtime series Californication. Foxx will have a recurring role in the series.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears