Saved by the Bell fans are going to want to book a ticket to the Windy City, because Bayside High’s favorite diner has opened in Chicago, and like Jessie Spano, we’re so excited.
Buzz has been building around the pop-up version of The Max, the Saved by the Bell gang’s favorite hangout, for months. The Saved By The Max is a must-see for fans of the show and for anyone suffering from acute ’90s nostalgia.
At the replica diner, guests can order up a pulled pork AC Slider or a Mac & Screech, shove some quarters in the jukebox to listen to Zack Attack‘s “Friends Forever,” which is in heavy rotation. Peruse the diner’s collection of actual props from the show, or spend some time grilling the waitstaff on SBTB trivia, because according to People, the owner made the waiters pass an in-depth SBTB knowledge test before they were hired.
The luckiest diners will be sent to the principal’s office to eat a Kelly Kapowski (that’s a Monte Cristo made with prosciutto, gruyère and spicy brown mustard) in a replica of Principal Belding’s inner sanctum, complete with copies of his diplomas, the signature wood paneling and, naturally, a ‘Go Bayside’ pennant.
Saved By The Max will be open only for the month of June, so superfans will want to head to Chicago soon for a chance to drink a Lisa Turtle Milkshake while watching Max himself (Ed Alonzo) perform magic tricks. Plan your visit here.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears