Back in the day, young Star Wars fans used to don cheap plastic hats that resembled Darth Vader’s helmet, carefully practicing their best, breathy “Luke, I am your father” imitation. But now that those fans are all grown up, they can put their money where their masked mouths are and shell out $2,000 for a high-quality, 3D-printed replica Kylo Ren mask.
Disney and Lucasfilm announced a new line of eight made-to-order replicas of items from Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Wednesday. The offerings include Kylo Ren’s helmet ($2,000), Chewbacca’s bowcaster ($2,500) and a melted Darth Vader helmet ($3,500), of which only 500 will be made.
Note on each item: “This is not a toy. It is not meant to be worn as a costume, and does not contain any moving parts.” But they sure do make impressive bookends.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction