Following a November sketch in which Daisy Ridley and John Boyega hilariously recreated their Star Wars auditions, Saturday Night Live has released a bonus video showing even more never-before-seen “screen test” footage for Rey and Finn. The Force Awakens actors — along with stars such as Jon Hamm, Matthew McConaughey and Emma Stone — joined the SNL cast to demonstrate exactly how not to land a part in the J.J. Abrams-directed film.
In the clip, Ridley teams up with Janelle Monáe (Sasheer Zamata) for a chemistry test that has the pair dancing their way through a “somber scene,” while Boyega gives a Training Day-inspired performance of what he calls an “urbanized” stormtrooper. “TK-420, you’re supposed to be at your post!,” he says. “I done told if I was going to get you a job you was going to clean up your act…and you was going to be a legit stormtrooper. We’re supposed to be helping Darth Vader and you ain’t in the right place? King Kong ain’t got sh– on me!”
Watch the full video below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement