Following a November sketch in which Daisy Ridley and John Boyega hilariously recreated their Star Wars auditions, Saturday Night Live has released a bonus video showing even more never-before-seen “screen test” footage for Rey and Finn. The Force Awakens actors — along with stars such as Jon Hamm, Matthew McConaughey and Emma Stone — joined the SNL cast to demonstrate exactly how not to land a part in the J.J. Abrams-directed film.
In the clip, Ridley teams up with Janelle Monáe (Sasheer Zamata) for a chemistry test that has the pair dancing their way through a “somber scene,” while Boyega gives a Training Day-inspired performance of what he calls an “urbanized” stormtrooper. “TK-420, you’re supposed to be at your post!,” he says. “I done told if I was going to get you a job you was going to clean up your act…and you was going to be a legit stormtrooper. We’re supposed to be helping Darth Vader and you ain’t in the right place? King Kong ain’t got sh– on me!”
Watch the full video below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time