Following a November sketch in which Daisy Ridley and John Boyega hilariously recreated their Star Wars auditions, Saturday Night Live has released a bonus video showing even more never-before-seen “screen test” footage for Rey and Finn. The Force Awakens actors — along with stars such as Jon Hamm, Matthew McConaughey and Emma Stone — joined the SNL cast to demonstrate exactly how not to land a part in the J.J. Abrams-directed film.
In the clip, Ridley teams up with Janelle Monáe (Sasheer Zamata) for a chemistry test that has the pair dancing their way through a “somber scene,” while Boyega gives a Training Day-inspired performance of what he calls an “urbanized” stormtrooper. “TK-420, you’re supposed to be at your post!,” he says. “I done told if I was going to get you a job you was going to clean up your act…and you was going to be a legit stormtrooper. We’re supposed to be helping Darth Vader and you ain’t in the right place? King Kong ain’t got sh– on me!”
Watch the full video below.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma