Far-right extremists armed with sausages, grilled meat and fish attacked a vegan café in the former Soviet republic of Georgia over the weekend, the café alleges.
Kiwi Café in Tbilisi, the capital, canceled a scheduled showing of U.S. TV shows after the assault Sunday night, it said, blaming the attack on the “Bergmann movement,” which it called a neo-Nazi skinhead group.
The national newspaper Georgia Today quoted witnesses as saying members of the anti-communist Georgian Power movement were also part of the melée.
Far-right extremists visited the neighborhood about a month ago asking nearby shopkeepers about the presence of foreigners…
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This