Between his presidential ambitions, fashion ventures, and of course, his music, being Yeezy is tiring, so it’s no wonder that Mr. West is not above casually catching a quick wink where he can get it — whether that’s at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards or as he did on Monday, snoozing on a park bench during an outing with his family.
For your viewing pleasure, we’ve rounded up the best Kanye West snoozing moments and even paired them with songs from his own discography that are only fitting for waking him up — wake up, Mr. West!
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Kanye Sleeping at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards
Kanye Sleeping at a Birthday Party
Where: A Kardashian birthday party; mother-in-law Kris Jenner joined him, while NBA player and former Khloe Kardashian paramour James Harden goofed around in the background.
Wake-up call: “This is a god dream, this is everything.” — “Ultralight Beam,” The Life of Pablo
Kanye Sleeping on a Plane
Where: Kanye sleeps on a plane with a Louis Vuitton blanket, as one does.
Wake-up call: “Woke up back in Paris” — “Dark Fantasy,” My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Kanye Sleeping At A Park
Where: Yeezy took a nap at a Southern California park alongside son Saint.
Wake-up call: “Good morning, on this day we become legendary” — “Good Morning,” Graduation
Kanye Sleeping in a Store
Where: Shopping with Kim Kardashian, John Legend and Chrissy Teigen; daughter North West joins him for a nap.
Wake-up call: “Wake up, Mr. West!” — “Heard ‘Em Say,” Late Registration