Anglophiles, rejoice! If you’ve been planning your wedding or just want something beautiful and white to wear post-Memorial Day, you’re in luck—Pippa Middleton‘s iconic Alexander McQueen bridesmaid dress is now on sale for the low, low price of $1,539.
Granted, once you actually see the dress that is on sale, you quickly realize that it’s nowhere near as excellent as the original worn by Middleton. Sure, they’re both from designer Alexander McQueen. And they’re both white gowns with cap sleeves. But this version lacks any lace, a cowl neck and, most importantly, the elegant row of buttons up the back that caught the world’s eye in 2011 (making Middleton nearly outshine her own sister on her wedding day).
So tell me, why would I spend more than a month’s rent on the bland cousin of the world’s most famous bridesmaid dress? If I can’t have the real deal, I’m not going to shell out for a basic knockoff.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022