Anglophiles, rejoice! If you’ve been planning your wedding or just want something beautiful and white to wear post-Memorial Day, you’re in luck—Pippa Middleton‘s iconic Alexander McQueen bridesmaid dress is now on sale for the low, low price of $1,539.
Granted, once you actually see the dress that is on sale, you quickly realize that it’s nowhere near as excellent as the original worn by Middleton. Sure, they’re both from designer Alexander McQueen. And they’re both white gowns with cap sleeves. But this version lacks any lace, a cowl neck and, most importantly, the elegant row of buttons up the back that caught the world’s eye in 2011 (making Middleton nearly outshine her own sister on her wedding day).
So tell me, why would I spend more than a month’s rent on the bland cousin of the world’s most famous bridesmaid dress? If I can’t have the real deal, I’m not going to shell out for a basic knockoff.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve