Anglophiles, rejoice! If you’ve been planning your wedding or just want something beautiful and white to wear post-Memorial Day, you’re in luck—Pippa Middleton‘s iconic Alexander McQueen bridesmaid dress is now on sale for the low, low price of $1,539.
Granted, once you actually see the dress that is on sale, you quickly realize that it’s nowhere near as excellent as the original worn by Middleton. Sure, they’re both from designer Alexander McQueen. And they’re both white gowns with cap sleeves. But this version lacks any lace, a cowl neck and, most importantly, the elegant row of buttons up the back that caught the world’s eye in 2011 (making Middleton nearly outshine her own sister on her wedding day).
So tell me, why would I spend more than a month’s rent on the bland cousin of the world’s most famous bridesmaid dress? If I can’t have the real deal, I’m not going to shell out for a basic knockoff.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up