The DPRK Today editorial welcomed the presumptive Republican nominee’s willingness to talk to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, NKNews.org reports, saying Trump could help bring about an end to the isolated country’s “Yankee go home” policy of hostility with the U.S.
“In my personal opinion, there are many positive aspects to the Trump’s ‘inflammatory policies’” Han Yong Mook, who describes himself as a Chinese North Korean scholar, wrote in the editorial. “Trump said ‘he will not get involved in the war between the South and the North,’ isn’t this fortunate from North Koreans’ perspective?”
The editorial also urged Americans to not vote for the “dull Hillary” Clinton.
On May 23, the North Korean ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva dismissed Trump’s offer to meet Kim Jong Un as “a kind of a propaganda or advertisement.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org