Katy Perry has 89 million Twitter followers — more than anyone else on the website, beating out Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift — and on Monday night they were treated to a string of lewd and mostly nonsensical short messages. Her account had apparently been hacked, at least as evidenced by the hashtag that accompanied the tweets: #HackersGonnaHack.
In the tweets, Perry (or rather, the hacker posing as Perry) told Taylor Swift that she “missed [her]” and also lobbed a homophobic slur at the internet celebrity @keemstar.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time