Katy Perry has 89 million Twitter followers — more than anyone else on the website, beating out Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift — and on Monday night they were treated to a string of lewd and mostly nonsensical short messages. Her account had apparently been hacked, at least as evidenced by the hashtag that accompanied the tweets: #HackersGonnaHack.
In the tweets, Perry (or rather, the hacker posing as Perry) told Taylor Swift that she “missed [her]” and also lobbed a homophobic slur at the internet celebrity @keemstar.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time