The 2016 commencement season has featured big names in politics, activism and show business. This year, graduates have found meaning in Lin-Manuel Miranda’s assertion that everyone’s stories are essential and have been inspired to act on Jane Goodall’s advice to live to their full human potential.
The Class of 2016 has seen Arianna Huffington advocate for sleep and Barack Obama critique the idea of building walls.
Above, watch some of the highlights from this year’s speakers. You can also read their full speeches at the links below:
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive