The 2016 commencement season has featured big names in politics, activism and show business. This year, graduates have found meaning in Lin-Manuel Miranda’s assertion that everyone’s stories are essential and have been inspired to act on Jane Goodall’s advice to live to their full human potential.
The Class of 2016 has seen Arianna Huffington advocate for sleep and Barack Obama critique the idea of building walls.
Above, watch some of the highlights from this year’s speakers. You can also read their full speeches at the links below:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time