The dab was an obvious way to celebrate victory after spelling something correctly — and as this roundup shows, many of these kids’ dabs could put Cam Newton to shame.
Contestants also couldn’t resist the charms of the running man challenge, with some spellers breaking out in dance both on-stage and around Washington D.C. to the dulcet tones of Ghost Town DJ’s.
We’re all winners when this is what the National Spelling Bee looks like.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022