The dab was an obvious way to celebrate victory after spelling something correctly — and as this roundup shows, many of these kids’ dabs could put Cam Newton to shame.
Contestants also couldn’t resist the charms of the running man challenge, with some spellers breaking out in dance both on-stage and around Washington D.C. to the dulcet tones of Ghost Town DJ’s.
We’re all winners when this is what the National Spelling Bee looks like.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve