When President Barack Obama visited Hiroshima on Friday alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, he became the first sitting president to do so more than 70 years after a nuclear bomb was dropped on the city.
Here is the full text of his speech at the site, as recorded by the New York Times:
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.