When President Barack Obama visited Hiroshima on Friday alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, he became the first sitting president to do so more than 70 years after a nuclear bomb was dropped on the city.
Here is the full text of his speech at the site, as recorded by the New York Times:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow