With features like autocorrect and spell check built into our computers, we can learn how to spell any word almost instantly. But that hasn’t stopped us from using Google.
Google crunched data from its search engine to put together this map that shows which spellings people search for the most frequently in each state. Several of the terms appear more than once, such as “desert,” “cancelled,” and “vacuum.”
The chart coincides with with round four of the Scripps National Spelling Bee, which took place on Thursday.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization