After Marvel stunned Captain America fans everywhere Wednesday by revealing the superhero is actually an undercover agent for former Nazi organization Hydra, Chris Evans — who plays the patriotic Avenger in the Marvel Cinematic Universe — took to Twitter to express his feelings about the news. “Hydra?!?!?,” he tweeted, accompanied by the hashtag #sayitaintso.
The truth about Cap’s loyalty was brought to light in the first issue of the new comic series Captain America: Steve Rogers, which was written by Nick Spencer.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science