Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton may have the lowest favorability ratings of any likely presidential nominees in recent history, but they are both cleaning up in the mask-selling popularity contest, according to a Reuters report.
The Jinhua Partytime Latex Art and Crafts Factory in China, a Halloween mask manufacturer and party supplier, has sold around 500,000 masks of both Clinton and Trump. The plant’s managers are betting that demand for Trump masks will eventually outstrip demand for those of Clinton and they are working to stockpile the product.
“Even though the sales are more or less the same, I think in 2016 this mask will completely sell out,” factory manager Jacky Chen told Reuters of the Trump mask.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow