Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton may have the lowest favorability ratings of any likely presidential nominees in recent history, but they are both cleaning up in the mask-selling popularity contest, according to a Reuters report.
The Jinhua Partytime Latex Art and Crafts Factory in China, a Halloween mask manufacturer and party supplier, has sold around 500,000 masks of both Clinton and Trump. The plant’s managers are betting that demand for Trump masks will eventually outstrip demand for those of Clinton and they are working to stockpile the product.
“Even though the sales are more or less the same, I think in 2016 this mask will completely sell out,” factory manager Jacky Chen told Reuters of the Trump mask.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time